Move out Process
Regardless of the circumstances under which the tenant moves out, the move-out process is the same.
When an apartment is vacated, a unit inspection is necessary.
Then the unit can be repaired and leased to another tenant.
As soon as the apartment becomes available, it must be written on the make-ready board.
The make-ready board is then updated based on the results of the unit inspection.
Three months before the tenant turned in the keys, the tenant should have turned in their 90-day written notice.
If the 90-day written notice is not submitted and the resident moves out, the resident will be charged a no-notice fee.
- Fill out the Key Return Form
- Pull the file and place the keys inside the file with the Key Return Form
- Download the Key Return Form on Rent Manager. (History and Notes)
- Move the tenant out of the system.
- Place the file inside the move-out bin in the check station.
- Erase the apartment number from the Renewal Board.
- Write the apartment number on the make-ready board/prerelease board.
- Walk unit (Take as many pictures as possible, specifically of damages)(Change key to Master)
- Fill out the Move out Statement based on the pictures taken.
- Update the Make Ready Board based on the unit walkthrough.
- Add pet inhabited units to the Pest Control Book.