As stated in the previous chapter, leasing agents are the heart and face of the company.
The atmosphere they set, sets the tone for the entire property.
Aside from the above, Leasing agents have two important responsibilities.
Take care of existing residents, by keeping them happy and untroubled.
Lease as much as possible to good residents, to meet the property’s occupancy goals.
These responsibilities go hand and hand with the following tasks :
- Open and Close the office
- Take all incoming phone calls
- Take payments
- Coordinate pest control
- Open work orders for all personnel carrying out a task.
- Carry out quality control inspections on pre-leased apartments before turning them in.
- Create and answer all required marketing posts for your property.
This is a list of the main tasks a leasing agent will be required to do, but this does not mean that these are the only tasks they will do. A Leasing agent is required to follow through with any task the manager, the supervisor or VP asks them to do regardless of whether they are on this list*
A leasing agent must know the lease agreement from start to finish. The leasing agreement is the most powerful tool at a leasing agent’s disposal. To use it to its full capacity, leasing agents must get very familiar with it.