General Office Instructions
Always remember everything at every property needs to be identical when it comes to structure and organization.
Knowing everything there is to know about your property is essential in any position!
Just some examples of things you need to know and or have:
*When it comes to those leasing agents who float from property to property, here are the most critical things you should know before visiting each one.* 1-6
- 1. Property Map (It is the best ally you will have to know the property, use it)
- 2. Price Sheet SqFt. Floor Plans
- 3. Lease
- 4. Rental Applications
- 5. What is included in the rent?
- 6. MODEL unit – Locations
- Contact Information:
- Office Hours
- Office Number
- Text Number
- Gate Code
- Security Number
- Electrician Number
*Make sure you know all the passwords/codes*
Office Hours (unless changed for certain times of the year):
- 8:30 am – 5:30 pm Monday through Friday
- 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Saturdays for larger communities. Most properties work on rent weekends which fall from the 25th to the 5th of every month. Always 2+ people need to work on weekends. Weekends are like regular workdays; you cannot show up to work without approval from upper management.
Know what is near your location?
Mall, airport, schools, park, restaurants, dry cleaners, Etc
*Know where all of the units are located. This helps you when going on tour.*
Know the Amenities:
Pools, Laundry Rooms, mailboxes, playground, etc.
Which units are upstairs and downstairs?
In most cases, odds are on the first floor and events are on the second floor.
Know the pros of your property(such as):
Wood Faux Blinds
In case of any emergency you should also know where the following are located:
Water shut Off
Building shut Off
Pool Shut Off